Personal injury law applies to a wide range of accidents in which one party is injured as a result of another party’s direct actions or negligence. These cases can be very complex, requiring experienced legal representation in order to help the injured party collect the compensation he or she deserves. James Adams has proven personal injury law expertise that has allowed him to help many clients protect their best interests in the wake of injury. Contact The Law Office of James Adams today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury lawsuits can involve several different kinds of accidents:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Parties injured in accidents involving personal and commercial vehicles, such as motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, or pedestrian accidents, may be entitled to compensation.
- Medical Malpractice: The results of negligence on the part of doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals can be devastating, and the recovery can be very costly.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Parties such as property owners may be liable if injury occurs as a result of a wet floor or other condition that was not corrected or properly marked.
- Work injuries: Employers are responsible for providing employees with a safe work environment.
- Construction Accidents: Construction sites are one of the most dangerous work environments. When safety requirements are not closely followed on construction sites, the risk of injury is significant.
- Dangerous Products: Manufacturers have an obligation to make products safe when used properly.
If you or a loved one has been injured because of another party’s direct action or negligence, you should contact an attorney. Even if the injury takes place on the job, where workers’ compensation laws apply, you should secure the representation of an experienced attorney who can make certain that you receive the maximum possible compensation.
Timeline of a Personal Injury Case
Immediately following an accident, you should seek professional medical treatment. This is not only important for your health, but also for your case. If you delay going to the hospital or a doctor, insurance companies and their attorneys may argue that your injuries are not as significant as you claim. Once you have received medical treatment, you should contact an attorney. If there is an insurance company involved in your injury, they will commonly attempt to offer a minimal settlement. Consult an attorney before considering any settlement.
After meeting with attorney James Adams, he will begin to investigate the accident and review the medical records. This will help him establish whether you have a case, and determine the extent of compensation to which you may be entitled. At this time, your attorney may decide to file a lawsuit, or attempt to negotiate a settlement before filing a claim. If a suit is filed, the discovery process will begin. This process involves both sides investigating the evidence that the other possesses.
As the discovery period ends, attorneys can initiate negotiation of a settlement. If both parties cannot agree to a settlement, the case will go to trial.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have been injured in an accident, contact our office to schedule your free consultation.